The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's anybody's opinion on this cal? I just ordered a Tikka T3 Hunter, was looking for a Howa with a wooden stock, but neither are available so I chose to order a Tikka. For some reason this cal. is a bugger to get at this time, 2mo ago I was seeing them on line but not now

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I've been shooting the .260 Remington in a Savage and a T/C Encore for a few years and love them. It's essentially a ballistic twin to the 6.5x55. Very accurate and moderate recoil. I think you're gonna love the caliber and the gun.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
Billu said:
An old school cartridge. A true classic. It will serve you well for anything we have in this state.
Yep! With the correct bullet it will handle elk and moose.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I had a 6.5x55 in a varmint weight rifle. Off the bench, it shot some five shot groups in the mid .1's, but usually averaged in the .3's. I sold it because it didn't suit my groundhog hunting needs. But, someday I plan on building one in a sporter weight. There is just something about that cartridge, that I miss not owning one.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I don't have a desire to have one, but I think it is in the range of what are probably the ideal deer cartridges- .260, 7mm-08, 7x57, .270,etc. If you like it, it will be a fine choice.

Will

1 - 12 of 12 Posts