The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my lefty 700 back from Montana Rifle Co. 6 weeks turn around. they did a beautiful job I dont know what type of blueing they used but it looks better than a new 700 BDL. and she's a shooter, they hand lap all there barrels . I use hoppes elite and it takes 6 patches and its spotless. I would definately recomend these guys, they keep you informed and do an absolute premier job, I just sent another lefty 700 out to them I always wanted a 220 swift.....

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I have a lefty BDL in 260 now and it may become a 250-3000 or 257bob, what kind of $ does it takke for them to re-barrel?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
it is a 1:9 shilen with I think #3 contour in stainless cut for heavy recoil lug I have about 125 rounds thru this barrel.
I wanted to make a left hand sendero type rifle, not heavy barrel but not sporter either, its shoots around 1/2 inch 100 yard groups but I am not happy, I should have went with a 1:8 twist so I could shoot the heaviest bullets. 1:8 is good for up to 125gr. shoots 120 nos b-tips very well.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They charged me $726 total out the door,for the 6.5 X 284 project , that was blueing and everthing. They hand make all there barrels... I really happy..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts