The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look's like Winchester see's something? This year chamberin a 26" barrel .264, Nice. Cooper is chamberin 6.5 Creedmoor. Good move now that Mr. Dan Cooper is gone and Wilson barrels has taken over Cooper. Cooper sales dropped so bad when donations to Obama leaked. Just goes to show, you never know??? Maybe the flash in the pan for the .264 as some say is now a simmer,startin to smell better and better...later

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
I wish Remington would have done a better job of promoting the .260 Rem. That and put it in a few more rifles.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I have a 700 in 260 and a encore carbine in 6.5 rem mag. can you tell I like .264's? both are awesome rounds

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya they dropped the ball on that on... ??????????Get hold of the new mod.70's you'ed be liven large.....later

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
I'm going to get a M70 Super Grade .264 Win Mag

I have been waiting for Winchester to bring it back for a long time...

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NICE, It'll become your favrite rifle I bet. Will knock a G-Hog from one county to the next, and wanta know what it dose with deer for you Good Shootin....later

·
Registered
535 Posts
I believe the 6.5 swede is one of the best rounds ever developed, but that is my opinion. I wish more manufacturers chambered for it. I am also very fond of the 264 win mag. Now if I could find one with a 26 inch barrel I would be happy.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Savage is offering 2 or 3 models in .260 Rem again as of last year. I have an older Savage in .260 that my son uses for deer while I shoot an Encore with an MGM .260 barrel. Both are great shooters. Love the round.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I called my gun shop today about the 264 win mag. They are already in production (I was shocked) and he ordered one for me. I can't wait!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice, I bet you'll love it. Post a few pictures when you get it... That gun needs a nice scope to go along with it ,hope to see it...later

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh ya forgot my Cmoor shoots so good it's nuts. Shootin 95gr. v max and 120gr. nosler's Last 95's shot 4 touchin and 1 next to the 4. The 4 were at like 3/8" and 1 was 1/4 off group. I've been messin with COL's think I got it for 95's 120's still playin with load. It shoots tightest at 1 gr. off max. Col is as log as mag. Since the 120's will be for doe season want to keep COL to work in mag.so I can load multi rounds. I'm real happy with this rifle, your new mod. 70 will smoke some .264 dia. bullets good luck...later

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well garsh darnit, I sure hope Winchester goes one more step to see that the 70 gets a Creedmoor chambering soon. I'd buy one of those. I was just warming up to a Swede 6.5 in a 'chester M70 to fill the need since I like a bit more 'pretty' than the Savage 111 offers. But at the end of the day, a 6.5 Creedmoor would be my best medicine. Better wait, might happen? Coopers are nice but The featherweights are a better deal.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Time wil tell? The mod.70's are a nice lookin gun for sure old school style. I'm hooked on 700's but do have a couple Ruger's a 77 and a Mk.II I had a mauser built once and used a mod.70 bolt handle on the action, looked good.I'm also hooked on the back of bolts. The Rem, Win, Ruger, and mauser all look about the same to me. Hate the big handles some use today. I've always liked the bolts on older 721,22's also. Hart Gunsmith dose a bolt deal on 700's where they put 3 hole's down the handle. Looks nice different, been thinkin of doin on my 700RUM The Cooper's are nice too and they do chamber the CM or anything you'ed want. Since Win. is chamberin the .264 again in this 2012 edt. I'ed be ok with that. Now that all the newer bulllets are here the .264 should be great. Also if you want a mod. 70 I'ed check to see wait time on it maybe order one if it takes some time....later

·
Registered
398 Posts
Not a fan of gawdy bolt handles either. 3 holes in a row sounds cool. I heard that the Carolina M70's are nicely done. Not so sure about the Q on the regular production Swede M70's, made in 1986(?) which is what I was looking at lately. I'm a stickler for a smooth action. So, I'd have to pick one up and handle it before I'd clinch a buy order on a CM IF they do make one. Don't own a 700 Rem yet. But, do own a custom 'chester built on an old M54 action in .280REM. I like the Mauser design the best and have a hard time buying something with a trigger mounted safety (bolt mounted is best) and own a Oberndorf custom (avatar gun), an '09 Argy custom plus a few Mark X commercial mauser customs and a bone stock Ruger 77MkII RSI international. The Roog has the smoothest action. All are controlled round feed. I'll own a gun that spits out a .264 of some sort this year. Maybe a couple. later

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
b&ghuntre said:
Time wil tell? The mod.70's are a nice lookin gun for sure old school style. I'm hooked on 700's but do have a couple Ruger's a 77 and a Mk.II I had a mauser built once and used a mod.70 bolt handle on the action, looked good.I'm also hooked on the back of bolts. The Rem, Win, Ruger, and mauser all look about the same to me. Hate the big handles some use today. I've always liked the bolts on older 721,22's also. Hart Gunsmith dose a bolt deal on 700's where they put 3 hole's down the handle. Looks nice different, been thinkin of doin on my 700RUM The Cooper's are nice too and they do chamber the CM or anything you'ed want. Since Win. is chamberin the .264 again in this 2012 edt. I'ed be ok with that. Now that all the newer bulllets are here the .264 should be great. Also if you want a mod. 70 I'ed check to see wait time on it maybe order one if it takes some time....later

Hey man clear out some of your old PM's. Everytime I try to PM you I'm told your over your PM limit. Anyway I just wanted to tell you I just got back from Vermont and I posted two threads worth of pics over in the Outdoor Gallery forum. Check them out.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts