The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one ? I own a couple 6.5 creeds and a 6.5x300 weatherby mag. A guy I work with had a box of hornady 143 grain eldx prcs that his wife bought by mistake. I got them for 70 bucks even though I dont have a gun in that caliber. just saw a box on gunbroker for 165 bucks. I think that is insane. Maybe as insane as buying a box of ammo that you dont have a gun for. Lol.

·
Registered
617 Posts
6.5 PRC's is a really hot caliber right now, I seen on ammoseek the other day a guy had a box of 20 rounds of a different brand for $199.99! I have a 6.5 PRC and have a few boxes of ammo but not enough to make me happy. A little over 2 years ago I could of bought 50 boxes at Rural King of the Hornady ELD-X for $32.99 a box!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I have one, been hunting with it for the past 3 years using a 24” CF Proof prefit barrel. Killed 4 deer, a 475# bear and two crows with it using 122-124gr copper bullets from 3200 to 3400 fps. For target shooting I was shooting the 153.5gr Berger Hybrid at around 2920 fps.

I toasted my first barrel in 1100 rounds and am halfway through my second one. I also bought an 18” for running suppressed and when the other barrel goes I will replace it with a 28” or 30” 7 twist CF barrel for target shooting.

Luckily I was shooting it before COVID and had stocked up on components and can reload fairly cheap because finding stuff now is quite the endeavor unless you want to pay 4 bucks a round.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have one, been hunting with it for the past 3 years using a 24” CF Proof prefit barrel. Killed 4 deer, a 475# bear and two crows with it using 122-124gr copper bullets from 3200 to 3400 fps. For target shooting I was shooting the 153.5gr Berger Hybrid at around 2920 fps.

I toasted my first barrel in 1100 rounds and am halfway through my second one. I also bought an 18” for running suppressed and when the other barrel goes I will replace it with a 28” or 30” 7 twist CF barrel for target shooting.

Luckily I was shooting it before COVID and had stocked up on components and can reload fairly cheap because finding stuff now is quite the endeavor unless you want to pay 4 bucks a round.
Did you shoot the 124 hammer hunters?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts