The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone shooting out of their 6.5 Creedmoor's for deer? I don't reload, so would only be looking at factory loads.

I've shot the 140 gr. A Max out of them with good results on small game. Doesn't sound like they have the best results on deer because of exploding.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I shoot a 260 rem for whitetail and I think it works great. Its practically the same ballistically. It put down every deer I shot with it last year in Pa and Texas. I would look at the American Whitetail 129 grain Interlock load. It should work very well for you

·
Registered
708 Posts
A max isn't the best choice for bullets, but deer are thinned skinned animals.

I typically suggest a SP bullet for hunting applications.

I am considering picking up a 6.5CM barrel for my Savage to hunt Elk in WY.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have shot deer with a lot of different calipers and my 6.5x284 Norma kills them dead in their tracks, and it's no secret the accuracy you can achieve with the caliber. The creedmore is very similar.... I shoot 140 grain game kings, great bullet.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I plan on using the hornady precision hunter this year. Im sure the American whitetail will work as well but accuracy wont be quite as good.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I've killed deer with the Amax and they work well, yes they are "explosive" at times BUT I don't shoot "nice" bullets.
A soft point or bonded bullet would may be better BUT if you have confidence and shoot accurately it'll do just fine.

Do a google search you'll see plenty of amax hunting pics

·
Registered
5 Posts
The precision hunter 143 is fantastic if a bit pricey. Groups .7 moa out of my wife's American Predator. She dropped a cow elk at 320 yards with it and it didn't go but 20 yards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts