The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you's know 5C still has rifle season going to the 23rd...Lately when i've been going out small game hunting i've been going out with the 22rimmie..

Pg.21 reads as follows "While small game hunting during the bear or muzzleloader deer seasons, the only rifle or handgun that can be used is a 22 caliber or less rimmie"

Now my question is.... Can i go outtomorrow and go squirrel hunting with my 12ga? since the flinters and the high-powers can still be used?? I say yes,, but i'm i interpretting this correctly

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
yes, but make sure its plugged for 3 shells. we use our shotguns for squirrel. the law your reading is to clearify the rimfire for rifle guys.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
TheAnimalSlayer said:
As most of you's know 5C still has rifle season going to the 23rd...Lately when i've been going out small game hunting i've been going out with the 22rimmie..

Pg.21 reads as follows "While small game hunting during the bear or muzzleloader deer seasons, the only rifle or handgun that can be used is a 22 caliber or less rimmie"

Now my question is.... Can i go outtomorrow and go squirrel hunting with my 12ga? since the flinters and the high-powers can still be used?? I say yes,, but i'm i interpretting this correctly
Key word would be Rifle and should be interpreted by a WCO or DWCO like that!

Shotguns are Not Rifles!
Think of this... Grouse and pheasants are in...are you going to fling .22 bullets into the air at grouse and pheasents??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts