The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fortunate enough to take the whole week off for a rut-cation this week. Switched stands yesterday and was kicking myself for taking a lunch break instead of getting in 2nd stand quickly; saw a big 8 or 10 pt. buck, small 8 pt. and a spike right near the stand when arrived.

Was settled-in about 15-20 minutes when this decent 8 pt. appeared 100-120 yds. away, eventually working his way to 65 yds. in weed field with coaxing from some grunts & bleats. He started to go around an island of trees and I knew I'd get a chance at him on near side of tree island for which I had ranged the distance. He was quartered toward me and I hit him at 42 yards behind near shoulder & exited low in front of back opposite side leg. 60 yard recovery back where he came from; saw him go down. Not a big 'ole boy by any means, but it's my biggest one and couldn't pass-up the perfect opportunity. 1:15 pm, 16.5 inch inside spread, Ravin R9, Rage crossbow broadhead, lung shot and massive internal damage... first deer with a Rage; truly are devastating broadheads

Good luck to all tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great job!! Another mid day buck bites the dust. Congrats.
Yep. Love midday deer hunting. Was trying for a doe with compound yesterday and saw a shooter 8 at 10:15 am and a shooter 6 at 1:15 pm. Buddy on stand also had a big 8 out of range at 1:30 pm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts