The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot this guy about 6:35 tonight. He was the fifth deer we saw this evening. We also saw a gobbler before I got him. I shot him at about 20 yards and he ran maybe 50 or so. I normally let my son shoot first , but he was facing uphill and I was facing downhill, where he came from. I was glad my son was with me to help drag him out. It was across a hill then up over the top to where we had parked. This is the first buck I have gotten since 2008.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I shot this guy about 6:35 tonight. He was the fifth deer we saw this evening. We also saw a gobbler before I got him. I shot him at about 20 yards and he ran maybe 50 or so. I normally let my son shoot first , but he was facing uphill and I was facing downhill, where he came from. I was glad my son was with me to help drag him out. It was across a hill then up over the top to where we had parked. This is the first buck I have gotten since 2008.
Nice way to kick off the season. pressure is off. :thumbs: Congrats

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I shot him with an Excaliber Matrix 380 with Rage 100 grain crossbow broadheads. I have a video of it I might see if I can figure out how to post later today.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts