The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would a good price be for a used renegade in .54? looks to be pretty good shape,haven't dropped a light down the bore yet.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Flint, $300 is a deal
Percussion are a hard sell in Pa. $200 or less depending on condition.
If its a "Kit", generally lower price unless assembled by a professional. Nothing wrong with a properly built Kit gun, just what the market dictates.
You will see them, as well as Hawken, FOR SALE for alot more $$$, you will not see them sell for that, they are not as valueable as people may think.

·
Registered
12,137 Posts
Lately, it seems they are worth more stripping the parts and selling on the big anti gun on-line auction. Every week, there must be 20 or so stripped and sold for parts.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
my 2 cents, any older TC flint you can buy for $300 or there abouts, in good condition is money in the bank. it will be worth alot more come fall. i think the price will continue to climb on them as there late ML season become more popular. the day of $200 flints are long gone, unless you stubble onto someone who is hard up for cash.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
good ole boy said:
True,but if they ever allow inlines in our sacred season then I betcha the value will drop.
i don't know. if you look at the gun for sale sites, gun broker, guns america, ect., they really just aren't out there for sale. alot of cap guns, but not the flints. i think they are still popular all over the U.S., especially for entry level folks looking to get started in the whole blackpowder thing. then later on they move up to a custom gun. just a thought.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this is a flintlock.it is not a kit gun (no "k" in the serial #).this one is 450.00,which i think is a little high.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Thats a bit high for a Renegade, you are correct. Its also the worst time of year to sell a flintlock. I would try to work a deal if the seller is reasonable. In guntrading, you need to learn to walk away if the deal is not good. There are a million Renegades out there, thats not the holy grail. Hope you get a good deal.

·
Super Moderator
23,758 Posts
$450 is high but a 54 renegade flint actually for sale is not that common.

I would prefer a .50 as it's more common and would use that as a bargaining tool.

My top price for a real nice one in .54 would be $350. I would prefer a .50 but good luck finding that for sale in PA

·
Registered
238 Posts
I snuck an add onto Craigslist looking for another smoke pole. It was removed by the next day, BUT, I had a fella contact me during traditional flint (2nd season). He had 4 other ML's and didn't really use this one. Its a .54 Renegade, flint, not kit, almost brand new. Literally! He shot it 3 times to make sure it went off, and I doubt it was shot before that. Best I could date it was early 80's going by others serials.

$250 during flintlock season!
There's deals out there, just keep an eye out!

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you find one, and it has the old hammer style. Mail it to T/C, don't call or email, just send it with a note explaining problamatic symptoms.
They sent me a complete new lock for $0.00 with the updated hammer.

·
Registered
12,137 Posts
Ridge, they may have sent you a new lock, but the TC warranty gravy train is fast coming to a screeching halt.

I am seeing more and more complaints about TC's failure to even have parts, requiring proof that you are the original purchaser, etc.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
A flintlock 54 Renegade sold today on Pennswoods for $225. The ad was 15 minutes old when I saw it, it was already gone. They are out there boys, keep your eyes open.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've heard that. It seemed the turning point was when S&W picked them up. I figured it was worth a shot, and it was for me.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
I'm glad I sent my lock in b/4 the sale to S&W.

I got back a new lock w/ a repair note saying that a new frizzn would not seat properly on my old style lock so the replaced the whole thing.

Every T/C item I look at in the stores is 10% - 20% higher since the added 'a Smith & Wesson company' to the labels...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts