The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shooting the .535 patched rb's out of my 1-56 flinter. Thinkin of experimenting with some 54 CALIBER 295 GRAIN AEROTIP COPPER Powerbelts. Anyone ever shoot any 54 caliber Powerbelts?? I've shot plenty Powerbelts in my various 50 calibers(both flinters & inlines) but never in a 54.

Anyone ever shoot the 54 caliber Powerbelt??

·
Registered
948 Posts
I just started shooting them last year. I am using the 295 grain lead hollow point. They work great out of my .54. I am using 90 grains of powered.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Highflyer0329 said:
I just started shooting them last year. I am using the 295 grain lead hollow point. They work great out of my .54. I am using 90 grains of powered.
Thanks for input! Whut twist bbl?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
They shot ok out of mine but nothing special. I currently shoot the T/C PTX bullet which shot tighter groups for me but I can't seem to find them this year. I saw some Barnes bullets that I am thinking of trying later this spring to see how they shoot. I shoot Barnes in my inline with great accuracy and success on game.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Curious in what gun & bbl twist??

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Loggy, I've been shooting the 348 grain (or whatever offering they have closest to 350) aerotips for about 4 years now on top of 100grains FF out of my lyman deerstalker. Super accurate at 50 yards and then some! Took a doe a few years back at about 70yds, the exit wound was devastating, I could put my fist in it. Like you I also shoot them from my .50's, someone told me once to shoot the heavier for caliber powerbelts for better terminal performance...I can vouch for that in my experience. They said that powerbelt gave a demonstration at cabelas.
Use em...Have fun!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts