The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much would you use????....trying to kill grasses, ferns, small briars and maybe a multi flora rose bush or two.

Mixing early in the AM so some timely quick help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Headin out early tommorrow, gotta be back by 9, to spray a couple of smaller plots. so I'm real intersted in the answers to this one!!

I sprayed a mix of 3 ozs to 1 gallon 12 days ago on one spot. I was kinda dissapointed in the result, everything is still green as of today.

I bought some Eraser, 41% Gly today, and mixed 14 ozs to 3 gallons? Is this enough or shoud I go heavier?

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dutch should answer around midnight...he is a night owl here..lOL

·
Registered
777 Posts
3 Oz./ Gal.works for me never sprayed briars or multiflora rose with it. Clay if it did'nt rain on it to soon the day you put it on I would wait.I am guessing you are planning for a fall planting and depending on what you are planting you still have sometime to see if it dies off.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
I use Cornerstone Plus to kill everything from weeds/grasses to multiflora. I buy the concentrate 5 gallons at a time in 2.5 gallon jugs. Mix is 2 quarts Cornerstone + to 25 gallons water. This ratio is very effective and will mix 125 gallons for every 2.5 of concentrate. You can kill off a lot of invasives with that mix!! With the boom sprayer I set the PSI to 25 and keep the speed under 8 mph. I get 5 gallons of concentrate for about $210.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
3-5 oz per gallon should work. 2qts per acre works well for most stuff, but haved used 3 qts per acre as well.

RB, seems to me that 2 qts per acre of that 50% stuff will work real well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
what Dutch said is very good, i would only ad if you can get some 24d to aid in the broad leaf killing or some Glytophate enhancer is very, very, helpful. like N-Tank or SYNERGYZE

·
Registered
125 Posts
you will see a great deal better kill to give you that up front edge you will need for initial control, that way you dont have to come back and disturb the wildlife as much since we are banking on these to see and harvest animals soon after planting....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts