The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
POWERBELTS WORK GREAT OUT OF MY DEERSTALKER. I THINK THERE 245 GRAIN AND 80 GRAINS OF 2 f IN THE BARREL. 4F IN THE PAN.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not trying to highjack thread, but since this is based on Lyman deerstalker, I have question. Shot mine today with everything from 70 grains through 100 grains of 2F, tried roundball, powerbelt and t.c. sabots. I have the rear sight set as high as it will go and am still hitting to low, any suggestions on what to do because I am out of sight adjustment and trying all different loads i can't get the point of impact any higher.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i sighted mine in today using 245 gr powerbelts and 90gr of 2f down the pipe with 4f in the pan. it shoots great out of my gun

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Shot a deerstalker for a friend a few days ago. Laying shots on top of each other at 50 yards with a .490 round ball and 85 grains of black powder, 3f.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Punxsy, Try moving your rear sight down, not up. The bullet follows the direction the rear sight is moved. I use 70gr of 3f and .490 PRB and can lay snuff can sized groups at 50 yards all day long.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Buckwild said:
Punxsy, Try moving your rear sight down, not up. The bullet follows the direction the rear sight is moved. I use 70gr of 3f and .490 PRB and can lay snuff can sized groups at 50 yards all day long.
Punxsy said he was shooting low and, therefore, needs to raise his POI. So raising his rear sight, as he was doing, is correct.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for info guys, I changed the front sight today for a lower profile one, I will shoot it tomorrow and hopefully be in business.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts