The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one who is looking for advise on where to find 5 round limited mags? I saw one type for sale on Sportsman's Guide but they apparently need some "sculpting" to get them to actually fit.

Groundhogs are going to be popping up in a couple months.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Just FYI I don't think there was a magazine limit imposed for small game and groundhogs. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the mag limit proposed was only for big game. The reason being that many 22lr semi-autos either have tube magazines or other magazines which cannot readily be limited.

·
Super Moderator
7,840 Posts
Why not just use whatever size mag is already owned and only stack as many as you want in it?

There's no legal requirement to limit the mag, why go through the hassle of a limiter? I could see going to a 20 or 10 rd just to shorten up the mag a bit, but I'm not sure I understand putting a limiter in unless compelled by a reg, and there's no reg compelling you to do that.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Maybe we should all limit ourselves to 5rd mags when we're out at the range and/or hunting groundhogs next season, it will make the AR seem less scary.

·
Registered
18,984 Posts
but what about the Remington 7400 semi auto rifle, is that less scary ?

no limit for groundhog. i will be using my SA rifle with a 10 round mag and only plan on packing 3 rounds in it just like i do with my 30-06 when i use it for chucks.

Reactions: jimsdad

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
but what about the Remington 7400 semi auto rifle, is that less scary ?

no limit for groundhog. i will be using my SA rifle with a 10 round mag and only plan on packing 3 rounds in it just like i do with my 30-06 when i use it for chucks.

YES, I was joking :D

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
FYI

I just checked Brownell's and they do not list the mag I have.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
I found a 5 round Pro-Mag at Mid-South. I never used the AR Pro-Mag but it has 5 stars.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mission First Tactical 5RD Mags

Mission First Tactical just came out with 5Rd mags. MSRP @ $16.99. Plus they are made here in PA.

·
Registered
18,984 Posts
i like magpul P-mags. 10 round mag with a 5 round limiter works great if you need a 5 round mag.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
I just received the Pro Mag. It looks good. I'll shoot it and report back.

Reactions: jimsdad
1 - 20 of 23 Posts