The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My Sportsman 700 EFI has a push button / slide switch 4WD system.

But there are times when I am in 2WD and get it bogged down, and it will start spinning the fronts.

A guy in a shop told me it is due to a magnetic piece malfunctioning, and that the piece itself isnt expensive, but tearing the machine apart to replace it is expensive in labor.

Anyone else have this problem, and did you fix it yourself?

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
I thought that was the "On Demand" function? At least that is how my Polaris is. I'm sure yours may be diff or you wouldn't be inquiring. Sorry if the case.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I bought it used, and I also thought it was the on-demand option. Stopped in at a dealer, and he said the on-demand is just sliding the switch when you need it??????

Anyone else have an input?

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
My bad...you're correct. Was not thinking right.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Try changing the front hub fluid and MAKE SURE you use Polaris hub fluid and use EXACTLY the 5 oz it suggests. Mine does the same thing. Some times when doing a donut to turn around all of the sudden it will go into 4wd and surprise the heck out of you.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Heck I can't even find where the plug is to change mine??? I bought all the fluids a couple months ago and changed them all except that one.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
well ive had mine fixed 3 times for this problem. keep it out of water, the magnets stick after it gets wet and sits. depending on how much needs fixed, it can get pricey. you may need the cage and all too.

·
Registered
655 Posts
DON'T BUY THE POLARIS CAGE!!!!!!!!!! Do some research and you'll find that the John Deere Gator cage is stronger and A LOT cheaper. This is usually the problem when it will either not go into AWD or is stuck in AWD. Go to http://www.highlifter.com or http://www.atvconnection.com and you'll be reading for hours about this. I really like highlifter. Go to the main paige then place your curser on "mudhole" then click on forums then go to polaris and you'll be set.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys.

I am overseas, and it will be at least a year or more till I even get back to riding it on a regular basis. But I will deal with it then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts