The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody else in 4D, specifically the Bellefonte/State College area, been hearing little to no gobbling? I've gone out 4 or 5 days since the opener and not heard a single gobble. Could just be me and my bad luck. Curious to know how others are doing in the area?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Not hearing very much in 4B. Gotta work Saturday, I'm gunna try the late afternoon evening. We've had them gobbling the last couple years in the evening but never got a shot yet. Keep after them and best of luck...

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
4B has been dead quiet. In my part anyway. Havent heard a gobble or even seen a turkey anywhere in a field since the first day. Keep after them

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Has anybody else in 4D, specifically the Bellefonte/State College area, been hearing little to no gobbling? I've gone out 4 or 5 days since the opener and not heard a single gobble. Could just be me and my bad luck. Curious to know how others are doing in the area?
I’ve only been out 3 time, and can’t hunt as hard as I use too, but haven’t heard a bird. Zion area.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just hunted 5 days in 3B and didn't here a gobble. Hunted 4E and haven't heard a gobble since first day. Covered a lot of area in both areas.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
I haven't been hunting, but have done a good bit of trout fishing the past couple weeks. We nearly always hear turkeys in the areas we have been in, but have not heard a single gobble yet this year in 4D or 2E.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hunting 4b and 4d and unfortunately the birds simply are not here. I really hate to be mr negative but the game commission needs to make some very serious changes soon or it’s only going to continue to get worse. And before I get beat up I honestly don’t know what the changes need to be but every spring is getting worse....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hunted 4D everyday but Monday first week. Did not hear a single gobble until Thursday and heard gobbling two different spots. First spot hens going nuts and drug gobbler to someone else. second spot two gobblers came in gobbling and killed one of them. Saw gobblers with hens everyday in fields I couldn't hunt. Places that were quiet I heard birds before season gobbling but I think they were just quiet due to being with hens. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I’ve been hunting state college area and have been struggling to hear birds. If I hear one, it’s a few gobbles from tree and then they shut down

·
Registered
178 Posts
The week before the season birds were gobbling all day I thought the ist week would be hot I was wrong the ist day I worked a bird heard two,only heard one all week went to Washington county late start heard three or four birds gobble at a fire siren called in one 11"3/8 beard 1 /3/8 spurs, went back wed and thur nothing today Westmorland nothing 2b...

·
Super Moderator
1,747 Posts
My area of 4D has been tough. The second day I worked 3 different gobblers. One a hunter moved in and scared it. The second one I jumped a group deer and they ran right through him and the third I goofed.

After that it all went down hill, very little gobbling. about the amount you hear usually the end of the third week and 4th week. No shooting either so far this season I heard a total of 8 shots which is unusual. I did kill one on friday and it had a hen with it.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Hunting 4b and 4d and unfortunately the birds simply are not here. I really hate to be mr negative but the game commission needs to make some very serious changes soon or it’s only going to continue to get worse. And before I get beat up I honestly don’t know what the changes need to be but every spring is getting worse....

Need to drop the second tag and the all day hunting plus shorten the fall season

1 - 16 of 16 Posts