The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice buck. I've hunted 4C for almost 40 years and have seen few that even come close to him. Congratulations.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Nice buck. I've hunted 4C for almost 40 years and have seen few that even come close to him. Congratulations.
I have seen a couple around that size in 4C but on private farms. I wish I could find 1 like that on the Game Lands. With the antler restrictions, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some bucks like that way back away from roads.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
I've lived in 4C all of my life (65 years) and we have lots of huge bucks here, it's a good buck but not unusual.

For the record from the other post: The guy "thinks" he hit the buck in archery and it was found last week during a drive by other hunters.From the fresh look of the buck in the pics it's doubtful it's the same buck.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Same OP and same photos as the "4C monster " thread found from archery , different story though. I am a little confused.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Yes, quite deceiving.
His friends found this buck dead (appears to the vast majority to only be a few days old, myself included).......and he's wishfully thinking this could be the buck he shot weeks ago in archery season.
Fresh blood coming out the mouth is indicative of heavy lung damage. Heavy lung damage results in a quick death. With archery equipment at close range it should have been very easy to find this buck. With a rifle, and Lord knows what type of shot killed him, deer often go unrecovered because distance of shot, speed of the animal, and lack of woodsmanship by those who only venture into the woods 2-3 times a year.

Nice buck, but I'm going to reserve my congratulations for another time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts