The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
4,077 Posts
LostAgain said:
$8,000 to shoot a stinkin deer? I fail to see any bargain in that.
This is what Antler Scoring, Drury, Primos, and the entire Outdoors Entertainment industry have given us: an Antler Obsession with a hefty price tag.

The sad thing is, my couple of bucks taken in Potter County required more work and more "hunting" than most of the 160+ class bucks taken in videos.

The work in taking a huge buck is not in the hunt, but in the feeding of it. Kind of sad.

This post is not meant to diminish any hunter's efforts, just to point at a sad truth. I know you all have seen the videos of deer shot while feeding along a well "stocked" sendero. Sometimes you can still see the fresh tire marks from the truck that goes back and forth every night dumping feed.

· Banned
4,077 Posts
Cudorun said:
Lost Again & John Henry like Peppy said you have no clue!
Not at all. But since you disagree with me, I challenge you to prove me wrong. I stand by my statement that the majority of 160+ deer are shot on ranches where the hunter does nothing but show up with a rifle.

I am all for you having a lease in Ohio. But the work you put in makes you a minority in the big whitetails world. Most guys simply pay a ranch and shoot one.

I admire you for the work you put in to it. If I had more time, I would do the same. But no way I will ever pay 8,000 a year to lease something.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.