The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,168 Posts
Yes. I have taken a few deer with my H&R Handi rifle in .44 mag. It is a carbine with an 18 1/2 inch barrel. Very accurate with Winchester USA Deer/Bear 240 grain soft points. It blows right thru deer and doesn`t mess up the meat. These rounds are a best buy in my opinion. The only thing is they are a little dirty, but never a problem. They also come 50 to a box.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
octagon said:
Yes. I have taken a few deer with my H&R Handi rifle in .44 mag. It is a carbine with an 18 1/2 inch barrel. Very accurate with Winchester USA Deer/Bear 240 grain soft points. It blows right thru deer and doesn`t mess up the meat. These rounds are a best buy in my opinion. The only thing is they are a little dirty, but never a problem. They also come 50 to a box.

Thanks for the info. I've read the same elsewhere. I'm probably going to pick up buffalo bores 270gr offering as well as your recommendation.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
My mom uses the Ruger lever action 44, basically the same as you are looking at. Hornady 180gr XTP's are all she shoots. Lost a couple deer with the Winchester ammo. No issues since moving to the Hornady ammo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.