The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I said before, my goal for the year was 6 coyotes. The most I've ever pinched in a season was 3 and that year I had a trapping partner.

Today was record setting in that I hooked up with my 4th of the season! Another nice, healthy dog at the same property as #3 but a completely different location. This was in a flat set that I placed on a lane between a fenceline to the south and a brushline that paralleled railroad tracks to the north.

I caught a rabbit here 2 weeks ago and it was shredded by something. I remade that set and punched in a fresh set just downwind. I hadn't had any activity there and when it was under a foot of snow last week it was being run over by snowmobiles and I almost pulled it. Glad I didn't though as the original set produced today.

Trap was a K9 wolfer (which has accounted for 3 of my 4 coyotes), and I re-lured the set Wednesday night since we'd got a lot of rain. I just placed a dab of Animalistics CG upwind of the pan and Animalistics SK2 downwind of the pan to make him move around it a bit.

I'm beginning to think my MB550s are bad luck! Over half of my traps are those, the rest are wolfers. I've caught 1 coon and 3 coyotes in wolfers. In my 550s I've caught 1 coyote, a cat, the neighbors dog, a hen turkey, and as of Wednesday, my black lab Syrus. LOL

Here's a couple pics:

·
Registered
753 Posts
Great job Congrats on reaching your goal!!! Still trying for my first yote and need 2 more foxes to reach my goal of 8 for the season!!

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Need a couple more for the goal but this is a new record. Thanks!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Congrats! Nice fur, I caught 4 this season and only 1 had good fur other 3 had mange.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts