The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering who here was shooting 4 blade broadheads (Muzzy 90 gr.) and what style fletching do you use? Please post pick of your arrow looking down the nock toward the broadhead of a finished broadhead tuned arrow.

I am currently using a 3 vane (120 degree) fletch with the muzzy 90. It is very heard to get these broadheads to tune, so I am refletching them again and would like to see how to set the insert and broadhead when tuning.

Thank you to all who participate.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I shoot the 4 blade wasp with 2" blazer vanes
I myself install the broad head and hand spin test them I never had any problems as long as they spin true without any wobble.
I just returned some cabelas lazer pro 100 for a refund man I never seen a broad head that was so out of round(you can feel it in the palm of your hand when spinning the arrow)

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lonewolf, is that a 90 degree fletch or 75X105? I just tried to take picture like what I wanted, my camera can't take that type of picture. Maybe if you could describe the style of fletch and how the blades are lined up up.

Say a 90 degree fletch with the blades lined up perfectly with the vanes or slightly left or right.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lone, can you take apic of your jig set up as well? I would like to see the notch lines on the nobs.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are pics of my jig set up. I am using the 2" blade broadhead vanes now. Switching to 4 fletch, just don't know which dgree fletch to use.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
that is a lot of off set
I have the same set up 120 mark allen screw in I go with the top cam a pencil line to the right off the mark that in on the jig.bottom cam to the left about a pencil line also
The picture above I posted is about 1 degree off-set i went as far as 1/32" they few good but I seen that was too much spin.man I would say that is a lot of off set

1 - 9 of 9 Posts