The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,829 Posts
Re: 3rd largest natural gas reserves on East Coast

This will get interesting.

And no one can tell me that when Act 13 was passed, someone didn't know about this report from USGS.

Now wait, WHO wrote that law again?

I'm not against drilling at all, I just think it's "fascinating" how all this stuff just sorta "works out" in favor of the industry. It must just be coincidence, right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,753 Posts
Re: 3rd largest natural gas reserves on East Coast

The drilling rigs are pulling out of the largest and secon largest reserves and the nimby's in the 3rd largest are worried...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,344 Posts
Re: 3rd largest natural gas reserves on East Coast

Its always those with out land, that want to tell those with land, what they should be allowed to do with it.
If you support political land use issues, then buy some land and pay taxes on it so you can have others tell you how and when you can best use it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: 3rd largest natural gas reserves on East Coast

bawanajim said:
Its always those with out land, that want to tell those with land, what they should be allowed to do with it.
If you support political land use issues, then buy some land and pay taxes on it so you can have others tell you how and when you can best use it.
Drill, Baby Drill!
Just because the place is loaded with expensive homes and properties don't mean nothing.
The infra-structure is in the area so let's rock-n-roll and get off the middle east's spigot.
Also it will bring jobs to a populated area which is a good thing.
It is all for the greater good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,034 Posts
Re: 3rd largest natural gas reserves on East Coast

SigPro2340 said:
bawanajim said:
Its always those with out land, that want to tell those with land, what they should be allowed to do with it.
If you support political land use issues, then buy some land and pay taxes on it so you can have others tell you how and when you can best use it.
Drill, Baby Drill!
Just because the place is loaded with expensive homes and properties don't mean nothing.
The infra-structure is in the area so let's rock-n-roll and get off the middle east's spigot.
Also it will bring jobs to a populated area which is a good thing.
It is all for the greater good!
Right on the money Sig....Well said!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,344 Posts
Re: 3rd largest natural gas reserves on East Coast

I'm an "earth first" kinda guy, we can mine the other planets later.
We are sitting on some nice reserves in the western part of the state also, the jobs, money and infrastructure that these reserves will bring is just what this state needs.
I would like to see a raise the the exports of Prius driving, sign carrying liberals to a more wacko friendly state say like Colorado.
It Could be a win win!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Re: 3rd largest natural gas reserves on East Coast

SigPro2340 said:
Bucks and Montgomery counties are sitting on the 3rd largest natural gas reserves on the East Coast, according to a new report by the U.S. Geological Survey.
1trueamerican said:
They also have no chance of ever having a well drilled in that township, from what I understand.
Interesting turn of events...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
Re: 3rd largest natural gas reserves on East Coast

Dutch said:
This will get interesting.

And no one can tell me that when Act 13 was passed, someone didn't know about this report from USGS.

Now wait, WHO wrote that law again?

I'm not against drilling at all, I just think it's "fascinating" how all this stuff just sorta "works out" in favor of the industry. It must just be coincidence, right?
Act 13 is nothing compared to PA House Bill 1659.

In a nutshell it provides for outsourcing the well permit review process to "qualified nondepartmental employees" and sets very short deadlines for DEP to review permits, then declares that permits are approved if DEP can’t meet any of the deadlines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,132 Posts
Re: 3rd largest natural gas reserves on East Coast

Not saying I agree with the bill, as I don't know the details. But just going off your above statments, I see no harm. Everything is usually done with much more efficiancy when taken out of Gov't hands, and the process is definatly quicker.
Putting the process in the hands of the private sector would save tax payer dollars and do a better job as well.

That part is win/win.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
Re: 3rd largest natural gas reserves on East Coast

g17 said:
SigPro2340 said:
Bucks and Montgomery counties are sitting on the 3rd largest natural gas reserves on the East Coast, according to a new report by the U.S. Geological Survey.
1trueamerican said:
They also have no chance of ever having a well drilled in that township, from what I understand.
Interesting turn of events...


For what it's worth, I was commenting on Marcellus Shale drilling...never the less, glad the good folks in SEPA can now share in some of the wealth and good fortune! Just don't panic about non issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,391 Posts
Re: 3rd largest natural gas reserves on East Coast

Interesting all the energy independence folks on here don't understand the lack of infrastructure for gas use in the US and where all "our" gas is going..(china, Europe , etc) will leave us high and dry in the end anyways......while you elected officials and gas companies all enjoy their riches. We the peasants will still be pitted against each other, fighting for scraps blaming each other.......
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top