The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the area of 3D that I hunt the herd seemed to be the same, with a low amount of sightings. Did anyone else have better luck?

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I passed on a button buck, only deer I saw while hunting.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Opening day had a beauty of an 8 bed down 30 yds from me. Unfortunately I was doe only for rifle season. Also saw a couple of 6's and some 4's opening day. Only 1 doe & she was too far out and running to get a clean shot. Saw about 20 between days 2 & 6. This was all on sgl 135.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm seeing rub lines but seeing the deer is a different story. I do see more deer when there are more hunters moving them.

·
Registered
5,741 Posts
This was the first year that I really hunted 3D public land hard. I could no longer ignore those thigh sized rubs my buddy kept showing me.

Hunted there quite a bit in bow season and the whole first week of rifle and saw a total of two hunters(while hunting). We saw a few real good bucks and my buddy missed a monster with the bow. I killed a 5.5 yo eight pt. in rifle. In gun season, between my buddy and I, we saw a total of 16 deer the first week hunting dawn til dusk, but the size of the rubs will keep me hunting that nasty no-man's land for a while.

·
Administrator
14,925 Posts
Good season for our gang on private,nps,dcnr,and sgl's. the deer are there but the hunters are not there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts