The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at 3D targets and know nothing about the newer ones. What brand and model are you guys shooting. Looking for field tip use only. How has it held up, do arrows pull out easy, etc. I'm leaning toward the original GlenDel buck with the "H" top replaceable vitals but think the "full rut" is just too expensive. Open to all suggestions.

·
Registered
336 Posts
We use R&W Targets for our 3d shoots. They are the most durable target I've ever seen but arrow removal isn't the greatest. The prices are also reasonable. Also I don't think you can buy them in stores. We order ours through our local archery shop.
R&W Targets

·
Registered
582 Posts
I have 5 of the old MacKenzie targets before they were bought by Delta that are getting aged. When I go to buy some new ones, I'll be looking at Rinehart targets. Yes, they are a little more expensive but arrow removal is very easy and they seem to hold up very well. I might try some of the new MacKenzie's but I'm not sure if the quality is the same.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I like the Rinegart Broadhead Buck. It lasts much longer than the Deltas or McKenzies. But they still won't hold up to any serious broadhead shooting. I try to stick with field points until the last week before the season starts and only shoot the broadheads just long enough to see if there flying like my field points.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I use the Glendel one and it has held up well so far to
field points and broadheads, had it 2 years. Arrow removal
is not bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts