The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad this morning had three bucks at 20 yards the biggest being a high and wide 12 point. Needles to say when he shot he said the crossbow didn't sound right. The bolt went 4 feet over its back and the deer just trotted off. When he looked down the string and cables were destroyed. He has killed plenty of mature bucks over his years of hunting and 1 with this crossbow last year. He has never had a problem with it ever since he had the black limbs put on it. It has shot tight groups all the time. Just seeing if anybody else has had this happen. He never leaves it cocked after a hunt and it was shot lastnight when he was done with his afternoon sit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh he is taking it back to the shop he bought it from which is pretty good at getting us taking care of. What [censored] is it was on the biggest Buck he would have ever shot.

·
Registered
180 Posts
i had it happen to me with my Parker Tornado...same thing...bow didn't sound great, looked down n' the string n' cables were a mess...had the limbs, strings cables all replaced from parker...lucky it happened a month before hunting season and not while shooting a buck

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Stinks for sure. It seems the black limbs were not the fix everyone had hoped for. I would never buy one. It is a great bow for sure when one looks at all of the features but too many reliability issues. Then, becuase Bowtech will not talk to their customers, you had better hope you bought it from a reputable dealer or find a dealer that is willing to do the work to get it fixed.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
22dasher said:
Oh he is taking it back to the shop he bought it from which is pretty good at getting us taking care of. What [censored] is it was on the biggest Buck he would have ever shot.
I feel his pain. Take a look in the Parker thread and see what happened to my Parker Terminator, last week.

I'm still waiting for the replacement front end from Parker. I borrowed a slow Horton from an older friend that wasn't using it which gets me back in the game but limits my shots to 25 yds tops.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Every Stryker I sold this year came back with similar problems. They are all fixed up and running smooth now, but it sure does make you wonder why everyone loves them so much???

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
arrowhead said:
Every Stryker I sold this year came back with similar problems. They are all fixed up and running smooth now, but it sure does make you wonder why everyone loves them so much???
They do have a cult like following that are quite loyal. I can't figure out why when there are other manufacturers that give you a better product with better service.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can say the local dealer that we use sells a ton of then and bowtechs we never had to worry about getting bad service.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a strykzone 380 and same thing happened due to USER ERROR.

When the bolt is not properly loaded (all the way back) when I fired it the string went over the bolt and was shredded. It caused my bolt to fly about 5 feet.

This is not a fault of the crossbow, mind you. I fired over 100 bolts and just once made a mistake in loading it and that is what happens.

Btw the crossbow is awesome; it groups really good right out of the box. You just need to be careful when loading. That is applicable to ALL crossbows.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oh and the dealer where I bought it from replaced the crossbow with no questions asked. He also confirmed this can happen to any crossbow that is improperly loaded.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts