The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does a guy have to do to get 35 Remington ammo? I'm just about at the point of buying a new hunting rifle since I can't for the life of me find ammo for this thing. Any tips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing online except $60 boxes of 220gr buffalo bores. My uncle had reloading equipment and that's an option, but Midway is even out of casings. It's absolutely insane.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Give it a couple months, then start looking.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I posted the same thing back in october and could not find any back before then.I was just online and see you can still get 32 special,300 savage so I would love to know why manufactures refuse to make the 35 rem. as I would say that there are more guys with the 35 caliber levers and pumps as opposed to a 32 special out in the woods.I think it might be time for all the 35 rem lovers to contact ammo companies to voice our concern.

·
Registered
99 Posts
(717) 423-6681

I just picked up 3 box's of 200gr rem's from Lantz Hardware in Newburg. You could give them a call to see if they still have any left.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
1flyfish said:
I posted the same thing back in october and could not find any back before then.I was just online and see you can still get 32 special,300 savage so I would love to know why manufactures refuse to make the 35 rem. as I would say that there are more guys with the 35 caliber levers and pumps as opposed to a 32 special out in the woods.I think it might be time for all the 35 rem lovers to contact ammo companies to voice our concern.
I noticed you are from 5C. Try Meyers gun shop 610-837-6376.

I dont think it is that manufacturers refuse to make the 35 Remington, its just that they didnt make enough to cover the demand. The other cartridges that you mentioned probably have ever lower production numbers, but there is not as many people buying it.

One thing I find kind of funny about people complaining about not being able to find any 35 Remington ammo; that was always one of the cartridges mentioned when the subject of easy to find ammo was. Seems like the odd cartridges are easier to find then the common ones any more. Who would have beleived that 240 Weatherby ammo would ever be more common then 35 Remington?

Good luck, Tony

·
Registered
118 Posts
What grain and brand are you looking for? Got 2 boxes of unopened remington core-lokt 150gr psp's I don't need. Didn't realize they were 150's not 200.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Guess I should have worded it alittle better.Was not trying to insinuate that manufacturers are not producing it,it's just that they really seemed not to put any time in manufacturing it.I was on Ammo seek regularly and there was not a single retailer who had the 35 rem in stock,I guess you could find a local retailer who was sitting on some old stock but not a single retailer in my area had any either as the big joke was find another caliber to shoot as they had not had 35 rem for a long time.Thanks for tip on Myers

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
.35 Rem was always one of the more obscure cartridges around the country. Maybe better in PA, but there has been a shortage of all ammo in the last few years and I noticed 35 Rem was available on a "seasonal basis."
In recent years I kept 20 loaded cartridges available for hunting only.
And I kept some primers, also in the shortage, just for hunting. And I keep the unloaded 35 Rem cases in an honored and saved place.
My answer to the primer shortage is a old flintlock that doesn't use primers.
Hopefully 35 Rem will see a resugence once the Hornady longer range bullet catches hold nationwide.
Until then the rifle will mostly sit. Always loved to practice with it. Things might be loosing up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts