The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

35 rem in central pa

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  171farm 
#1 ·
Anyone see any 35 rem on the shelves in central pa. The only thing I have found so far is the Hornady Leverlution and I would rather just shoot a traditional 200gr round nose.

#6 ·
If you have a lever action Marlin get them.

Don't be picky. Its been either

Unavailable - Seasonal Run
Out of Stock, No Backorder

For a couple of years I keep a box of 35 Rem. cartridges just for hunting. And I don't use them for practice. Some people call it a "shortage."

#7 ·
I may just have to break down and get them. No real reason for the aversion just personal taste I guess. My family has always shot Remington Corelocts in all calibers for the past 5 generations or so. Old habits tend to die hard I guess.

#20 ·
We couldnt any at our normal spots. Went to Millers in Ebensburg and they had Winchester. I wasnt really happy since we usually shoot Core lokts but bought them out of need (and boy were they pricey). Took them home and all 3 of us shot in our 35s better than we have ever in the past with minimal adjustments.

Sad that they are so hard to find

#21 ·
171farm said:
We couldnt any at our normal spots. Went to Millers in Ebensburg and they had Winchester. I wasnt really happy since we usually shoot Core lokts but bought them out of need (and boy were they pricey). Took them home and all 3 of us shot in our 35s better than we have ever in the past with minimal adjustments.

Sad that they are so hard to find
Funny you mention that. I bought 5 boxes of Winchester 35 Rem from Sportsman's Guide several years ago. They were on some kind of crazy sale for like $8/box....the Remingtons and Federals were almost $30. Anyway, I went to the range and started shooting....every single one keyholed. I ended up emptying all of them and using the brass for handloads. I wasn't even going to load for that rifle/caliber, but having so much brass and no good ammo I had little choice....dies were cheaper than a box of shells, 200gr RN Corelokts were cheap and available at the time....and I always have powder on hand so it was a no brainer.

I have no idea why those bullets keyholed. Ogive too far back? Undersize O.D.? I really have no clue. The Rems shoot just fine and my handloads are dead-nuts.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.