The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone see any 35 rem on the shelves in central pa. The only thing I have found so far is the Hornady Leverlution and I would rather just shoot a traditional 200gr round nose.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Very hard to find caliber. I hate to give away secrets but typically can find at the hunting shops in Clearfield. Last year we got ours at Dick's

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually get my ammo at Dicks as well, but they were sold out.

·
Registered
402 Posts
There was a guy at the Lebanon gun show last week had 3 boxs of 200gr.He was asking $40.00 abox.seamed alot for 35 shells.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree but based on the law of supply and demand I wouldn't doubt that people would pay that. Heck, I might have been tempted.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
If you have a lever action Marlin get them.

Don't be picky. Its been either

Unavailable - Seasonal Run
Out of Stock, No Backorder

For a couple of years I keep a box of 35 Rem. cartridges just for hunting. And I don't use them for practice. Some people call it a "shortage."

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may just have to break down and get them. No real reason for the aversion just personal taste I guess. My family has always shot Remington Corelocts in all calibers for the past 5 generations or so. Old habits tend to die hard I guess.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
If shyda's doesn't have them you need to give Daryl's Gun shop in Schaefferstown a call. 717-949-3157.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, didn't have a lot of time this past weekend. I'm going to do some more digging this weekend.

·
Registered
99 Posts
At Keystone?

I cant find any 200gr cor lokt's so i started buying up bullets for reloading, i think i have 700 .35 cal bullets now... I dont think ill ever run out.. lol

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Honker do you happen to remember the name of the store?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Lantz Hardware is the name of the store that has them, I just called Tuesday and he said he still has about 20 box's of 200 core-lokt's. My sis is picking me up 2 box's today.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Bswope I'll try and convince the wife its worth the trip.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
We couldnt any at our normal spots. Went to Millers in Ebensburg and they had Winchester. I wasnt really happy since we usually shoot Core lokts but bought them out of need (and boy were they pricey). Took them home and all 3 of us shot in our 35s better than we have ever in the past with minimal adjustments.

Sad that they are so hard to find

1 - 20 of 23 Posts