The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought 3 sets of rapid rails at wal mart for $35 each. there are 3 in each set, plus a pull up rope, 2 bow hooks, and a cable lock too. not sure if every walmart has deals like this or just mine, but thats half off. might be a good time to look for stands or ladders there too?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are the rapid rails aluminum? I see a lot of good sales on stands and ladders but they always seem to be steel. If your not walking too far , steel is fine, but I walk pretty far sometimes and I don't want any more weight to carry. then I have to! So the stands that are close to roads or dont reguire a long haul are my old steel steps and stands.

·
Registered
15,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Likarok said:
Are the rapid rails aluminum? I see a lot of good sales on stands and ladders but they always seem to be steel. If your not walking too far , steel is fine, but I walk pretty far sometimes and I don't want any more weight to carry. then I have to! So the stands that are close to roads or dont reguire a long haul are my old steel steps and stands.
yeah, they're steel, 14#'s. where i hunt most of the time, weight isn't an issue. throw 'em in the truck, drive to the woods, walk 100-200 yds, hang the stand. i bought them for crooked trees or trees with some limbs, hope they work as well as they look like they should.

anybody ever use these before?

·
Registered
949 Posts

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Yeah I wish I would have known about that bbd. I probably would have bought 10. Im in the market for a few new sets. Alot of my stands are getting pretty old, some are getting a little rusty, I have almost no seats anymore, and its time to get into something a little larger than most of what I hunt out of.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
bbd!5b said:
runningdeer said:
bbd!5b said:
i got this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bone-Collector...-Rails/22018250 combo from walmart shipped for $51.00 to my door. I almost stole it for that!
how did you get it for $51? is there an additional discount at checkout?
They just had a killer deal for a few days. Its been 89.00 for a few weeks now. I wish i would of bought like 20 sets at that price.
Darn. Any chance the price will go back down? Is the aluminum Bone Collector the same as the Avenger?

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
yellodog said:
just bought 3 sets of rapid rails at wal mart for $35 each. there are 3 in each set, plus a pull up rope, 2 bow hooks, and a cable lock too. not sure if every walmart has deals like this or just mine, but thats half off. might be a good time to look for stands or ladders there too?
Which walmart is this? Online the rapid rails are 50.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
shootbowtech said:
Yeah I wish I would have known about that bbd. I probably would have bought 10. Im in the market for a few new sets. Alot of my stands are getting pretty old, some are getting a little rusty, I have almost no seats anymore, and its time to get into something a little larger than most of what I hunt out of.
The treestand that comes in the bundle deal is pretty small. Probably not any bigger than the stands you currently have I would guess.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Y
Double Lung 20 said:
bbd!5b said:
runningdeer said:
bbd!5b said:
i got this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bone-Collector...-Rails/22018250 combo from walmart shipped for $51.00 to my door. I almost stole it for that!
how did you get it for $51? is there an additional discount at checkout?
They just had a killer deal for a few days. Its been 89.00 for a few weeks now. I wish i would of bought like 20 sets at that price.
Darn. Any chance the price will go back down? Is the aluminum Bone Collector the same as the Avenger?
I don't know why they would wanna drop the price down to 50.00 for the set. I don't see how they made anything money after shipping. Yes the stand is the same as the avenger.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
yellodog said:
What walmart is this?

·
Registered
15,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wal mart at grove city. i bought all three sets they had out. that gives me 9 sections total. enough for 2 stands, or mebey 3 or 4 in limby trees. i'll try 'em out when it warms up some.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
yellodog said:
wal mart at grove city. i bought all three sets they had out. that gives me 9 sections total. enough for 2 stands, or mebey 3 or 4 in limby trees. i'll try 'em out when it warms up some.
They didn't have any of the combos like linked above, did they?

BTW, the Rapid Rails are amazing. I think they are by far the most versatile and safe climbing system for hang on stands. I have the aluminum set.

·
Registered
15,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i don't know what else they had. i saw the rr's for 35 bucks and figured there was no way it wasn't a deal so i bought them. if i really like them, i'll get an aluminum set for a carry in setup.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I welded a set of rapid rails for myself and I'm pretty happy with them . I did make four of them and it gets me up there pretty good . I should make another set , but I bought a set of aluminum sticks, pretty sleek though. I would hate if someone stole them.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Dicks sporting goods usually runs good specials on the display models of stands and sticks this time of year. Walk into and Dicks store and ask the lodge associate about purchasing the display models. They should let you do it, as long as the associates aren't buying them all. I used to buy anything I could get my hands on as a display model when I was 17 and worked there.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts