The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make an affordable .32 cal. Squirrel rifle or kit anymore? CVA used to make a nice little .32 caplock kit. I have always wanted a .32 but everyone you run accross is too expensive.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Other than Pedersoli for a new one.Custom or find a good TC Cherokee.Just remember they are cheaper now than they will be years down the road!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Let us know if you find one. I would like to have one someday. I have squirrel dogs and it would lend to muzzleloader hunting very well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Check frequently with Chuck Dixon. He gets custom guns in on consignment and I seen many go very reasonable, for much less than what they were worth.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
I've always wanted to hunt squirrels with a small caliber flintlock. I too have not seen any rifles in a decent price range to make it worth the while.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Squirrel with a flint is a ball. I use a .25 caliber I made myself. Even a .25 will destroy most of the squirrel if not shot in the head.

·
Registered
12,388 Posts
Yep, at one time CVA put out a rather nice little 32 squirrel gun with double set triggers. They still come up on the gun auction sites. Saw one earlier this week and the guy wanted a starting bid of $300. usually they go for half to a third of that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts