The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
yup, for the price of three or four boxes of ammo, you could easily get a reloading set-up and start rolling your own.

And that's exactly what I did. When I bought my 300 RUM, I vowed to never shoot a factory round in it. The first ever centerfire cartridge I reloaded was for my 300 RUM, and I was very pleased.

No way am I going to pay 60-70 dollars for a box of shells.

·
Registered
889 Posts
It is no wonder the mfrs. love and are pushing these new cartridges. That is just ridiculous. I am suprised they are not just giving the rifles away just to get you to buy the ammo?? Tom.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
All the new cals are hard on the wallet for factory ammo. I dont have a rum but i have a 7mm wsm and a box of shells is 40 to 60 dollers. I am thinking of getting rid of it because of this seen how i dont hand load. Might have to get a 7mm rm cheaper to shoot.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Alot of these cartridges will be obsolete in a few years and it will be difficult to get to get factory ammo..Get your brass stocked up now..

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Remington makes some factory loads in 300SAUM that were allot cheaper than the Nosler Custom. I played with both in mine and saw no advantage in accuracy with the Nosler as opposed to the Rem ammo. I had a friend who re-chambered his to 300WSM just due to ammo availability and he didn't reload so he gave me all his SAUM ammo so I got lucky and since I hardly use it the ammo I have will last my lifetime at least.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I just paid 36.00 a box for Remington premier 165 gr. core lock psp. at the same place I payed 32.00 a box for 300 wsm federals 165 gr. not too much different in price for me to complain about.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Slightly off topic but I bought five boxes of Remington Premium 7mmSAUM ammo off of HPA classifieds last summer for $13/box........Couldn't pass up the price, but then I had to go out and buy a gun to shoot them out of..

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
well if there was ever a time to start reloading it's now...for the price of 4 or 5 boxes for this cartridge you could set yourself up with just about everything you'd ever need to reload..sad part is, it uses the same bullets and cost as any .30 cal, same basic powder, slightly more or less than the average .30 cal..it's nothing more than a big rip-off and a major one at that..I bought about 500 cases when they were dirt cheap when it first came out, I'll never run out in my lifetime and I've found it's not hard on cases and am still using the first 40 I shot out it originally...awesome cartridge, too bad it never worked out..it'll do everything you'll ever need...start reloading!! $75 a box!!!!! It's no more than any other .30 cal to reload!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts