The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired a lot of reloading supplies on a great deal and was going thru what I have no use for. Included in that is a new set of RCBS 30-30 dies. I was wondering how much to ask for them. I did a quick search and found them for almost $150 on line. This seems steep to me but I'm not familiar with this round so hence this post. What would be a fair asking price? The item # is 56303

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
The 30-30 Improved is a good cartridge. Its an easy conversion for a break open actions such as TC or NEF. Simply re-ream the 30-30 chamber, no other modifications or barrel setback are necessary. Ballistically it adds roughly 150-250 FPS over the parent 30-30.

The problem, its not real popular cartridge today, the demand is low hence the cost of the dies. They're basically one off customs.

As far as die prices are concerned Dave(CH4D) sells the FL set for $84 plus shipping.

Since the popularity is the low side I'd list them on Gunbroker or Ebay for about $50 or so and hopefully recover a portion of you investment.

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts