The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,475 Posts
The case is the same to start. Rechambering wont do you any good, you cant put a 35 slug down a 30 barrel. You can have the existing barrel rebored to 35, and rechambered to 35. There are several good shops that do that. If it were me, I would just buy a 35 Whelen barrel and have it installed. In all honesty, I would just keep the 06 and find a 35 Whelen to buy. They are on the market quite regularly, its the Whelen carbines that are VERY hard to find.

· Registered
3,475 Posts
They most certainly made them in 35 Whelen. Chances are he can buy an NOS barrel. Outside Pa, they are quite easy to find. Remington green/yellow box and Federal Fusion 200 grain are $33 a box and on the shelf just about anywhere. I would advise simply buying the gun rather than converting the 06, but either way is not difficult, and the costs would be similiar.

· Registered
3,475 Posts
338 Win is awesome, but you can't do that with your 7400.
JES is a great outfit, but understand the $225 is just the rebore, there is more to it than that.
I would contact Remington about the availability of a 35 barrel. If they have one to sell, thats the easiest route.
It costs nowhere near $600 to twist off a remmy barrel and screw on a new one. Any good gunsmith can handle that job, its a chip shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.