The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Remington 7400 in 30-06 that I hunt with in Ontario and I was thinking of rechambering it to 35 Whelen. I have never had this done before and don't know the first thing about it. So I have a few questions.

Is is possible to do?

What is the process and can any good gunsmith do it or should i contact Remington.

I don't reload so is the 35 Whelen still a good choice or should I be looking at a different caliber.

Thanks, Paul

· Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hunt Whitetail. It is a great round and I have 2 other rifles in 30-06. Just looking for something different and fun

· Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the info. Like I said earlier, this is not something that I need, just want something different.

$225 seems like a great price, I'm going to contact them and see what my options are.

Any thoughts on 338 Win Mag?

· Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Joe! I appreciate the info.

I was looking around for a 7400 in 35 W, not too much out there. Remington made them for 2 years in the mid 90's. I'm not in a hurry so I'm going to keep my options open.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.