The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find a short range trajectory table or graphy for a 30-06 and 7mm rem mag at like 25, 50, 75, and 100 yds. they all start at 100 yds. Any help would be greatly apprectiated!

·
Registered
889 Posts
You probably will not find one-because I do not think one exists. It is impossible to do that because neither has barely any drop at that distance. The difference is going to be in your point of aim. Not in the flight of the bullet. And the factory can not figure your point of aim unless they know exactly how high your scope is off the barrel, and the zero range you want. So you are looking for something that does not exist without your rifles information. Or in other words it is not inherent to the cartridge, but to the actual rifle and scope set up. Tom.

·
Super Moderator
8,063 Posts
Check out Hornady's website. They have ballistics software available that can do some customized calculations.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Go to Pointblank Page and download it. It s good app to do what you want. The best part, its FREE. Plug in the data, bullet, muzzle velocity, scope height and etc. After entering the info click on the "Ballistic Trajectory" tab and select "View Data" button. On the right lower corner you can list the trajectory down as low as five yard increments, calculate the maximum point blank range and etc.

Bill

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
WildBill said:
Go to Pointblank Page and download it. It s good app to do what you want. The best part, its FREE. Plug in the data, bullet, muzzle velocity, scope height and etc. After entering the info click on the "Ballistic Trajectory" tab and select "View Data" button. On the right lower corner you can list the trajectory down as low as five yard increments, calculate the maximum point blank range and etc.

Bill
I'll second that. It's also nice to keep records of your guns/loads/serial #'s/etc

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
TRAJECTORY wouldn't matter much at those distances but bullet quality at those velocities from either would be in question to say the least..

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tundra thanks alot I used big game info before and I liked it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts