The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finally comin together, can't wait to see the turn out and meet some new people.Watch for the Ad in the Pa Outdoors News paper in the upcoming 7/16 edition.Any ?'s contact Marlin @ 717-799-9857

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
We will be there. Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year. Stop by and say "Hi". We will have all kinds of specials at the festival.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I will be there at the No Limits Outdoors table. Looking forward to putting some faces and names to screen names!

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
anybody from pittsburgh heading to this, i could pitch in some gas money or something.

is anyone camping out there or close by. its a pretty good drive from here

·
Registered
19,662 Posts
TATERDAVID said:
anybody from pittsburgh heading to this, i could pitch in some gas money or something.
I will be there Tater but will be leaving Sunday morning from Somerset I believe. Last I talked to Octagon, he was maybe looking for someone to share a ride with from Pittsburgh.

·
Registered
19,662 Posts
Looking forward to seeing ya there as well and meeting more of the NL team.

So far, these folks have committed to being there:

Cabelas, Big Shot Targets, Kodabow, Excalibur Crossbows, Horton,
Ten Point, Wicked Ridge Crossbows, Middleton Crossbows, Mountaineer
Sports, Hunt of a Lifetime, No Limit Outdoors, Swatara Creek
Outfitters, Timbertall Outfitters & Timbertall Treestands,
Arrowhead Taxidermy and Outdoors,
Dale Shelly Cookbooks

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
its definatly doable but along way to go to shoot my bow i can do that at home.

now i would miss out on all the good company though

its a sunday too so if i go i would take monday off.

just thoughts i have, would rather hang out for the night but i imagine everyone has to hurry home for work.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
been talking with the wife and i will be heading to this event probobly saturday and staying somewhere
and shooting on sunday then either heading home or hangng out depending on what i figure out.

ARROWHEAD can you reserve my string there??

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Here are some details of the event. Lots of camping nearby. We are thinking of camping near the event. If anyone gets a campground finalized, post it here and maybe we can meet up.

Being held at
HEMLOCK FIELD ARCHERS
99 Springhill Lane, Lebanon, PA. 17042
Sunday July 25, 2010
3D Registration 7:00AM to 1:00PM
12 and under Free
13 to 15 $10.00
16 and up $15.00
This shoot is open to all types of archery equipment
traditional – compounds - crossbows
40 target outdoor 3D course

Several leading manufacturers and vendors will be represented such as;
Cabelas, Big Shot Targets, Kodabow, Excalibur Crossbows, Horton, Ten Point, Wicked Ridge Crossbows, Middleton Crossbows, Mountaineer Sports, Hunt of a Lifetime, No Limit Outdoors, Swatara Creek Outfitters, Timbertall Outfitters & Timbertall Treestands, Arrowhead Taxidermy and Outdoors,
Dale Shelly Cookbooks

Also, Kitchen on site to provide
hot & cold food and beverages throughout the day.

·
Registered
19,662 Posts
Arrowhead,

If ya have some 100 grain G5 Strikers, bring them along. Looking for a couple packages as I gave mine from last year a good workout last October.

·
Registered
19,662 Posts
If anyone is considering a new crossbow, you owe it to yourself to stop in and talk to Mike(Arrowhead) for a bit. If you see something that suits your fancy, he will have you leaving completely satisfied. Trust me.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts

The G5's are on the list. I've got another head that is very good in that bow too. I want to have a few Victory arrows too, so that everyone gets a chance to shoot them and see what they think about them.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
Just curious how hard is gonna be to get my bolts outta the targets, i done 3d with a bow and sometimes it was a noghtmare. shorter bols are gonna be hard to get out i would think

·
Registered
19,662 Posts
TATERDAVID said:
Just curious how hard is gonna be to get my bolts outta the targets, i done 3d with a bow and sometimes it was a noghtmare. shorter bols are gonna be hard to get out i would think
I learned my lesson last year with carbon arrows. I plan on picking up a few aluminum arrows and seeing how close they shoot to my carbons. If they are relatively close I am gonna shoot them. The guy I shot the course with last year was shooting aluminum and the pulled out much easier than the carbons.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
guess i will leave the victories in the car

1 - 20 of 80 Posts