The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What has everyone had success with - both for holding arrows and putting up with the weather of being outside for a few seasons. I always bought the cheap ones, but feel like I always got what I paid for

·
Registered
579 Posts
For 3D practice I use a GlenDel Buck. For just shooting I use a Block, both of these seem to hold up to shooting and to the weather. I've had both for a long time and they stay out in the weather.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
I haven't been near a 3D target or range in years.
Trouble I saw with the use of 3D targets was the "target" was in one spot, increasing wear and cost.
Another problem I saw was archery sources replace whole new targets. It doesn't specialize in repairing targets.

I've been making individual non 3D targets for some 20 years. I don't get the supplies from an archery shop. I get them from an industrial store and adapt the material to archery use.

Not enough archers with a construction background. Guess there aren't many with a construction background who knows industrial repair sources.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Target storage over the winter can be a problem. I have all McKenzies in my yard. What I do is disconnect the back from the front, but leave them both on their rebar. Put 1 large (55gal) garbage bag over each section. Make sure they are black bags- the problem is not so much cold, rain, or snow, the problem is UV deterioration. As far as 3D target repair of replacement, the new ones have all gone to a replaceable vitals section so your replacement costs are greatly reduced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts