The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the first look at a production run Swhacker 3 blade that I received to do some testing in my crossbows. They are set to hit the streets sometime in June is all goes well. Unlike the round ferrule of the original 2 blades, the 3 blade's ferrule is squared off into a triangle shape. As you can see in the picture, the wing blades are also now swept forward. As with the originals, a shrink band holds the blades in place.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
The laws of physics dictate that they cannot penetrate as far as a similar 2 blade! Not gonna happen! If you have lots of KE you will be alright but not for low poundage setups.

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aswallace911 said:
Any update on them, im real curious how they work, they look like they'd put a whoopin on a deer
If you are a fan of the two blade Swhackers, you will like the 3 blade. I only received one pack for testing but I have scheduled to arrive by early June. I hope to hunt with them this fall.

·
Registered
974 Posts
dpms said:
aswallace911 said:
Any update on them, im real curious how they work, they look like they'd put a whoopin on a deer
If you are a fan of the two blade Swhackers, you will like the 3 blade. I only received one pack for testing but I have scheduled to arrive by early June. I hope to hunt with them this fall.
I do like the two blades killed three deer with them, all of them dropped inside 50 yards (watched two fall from the tree) but never had a blood trail, thats why I'm curious I couldn't find the third deer for about 15 minutes because of no blood my buddy stumbled on it even though it went maybe 40 yards it dropped in waist high weeds, im curious if the 3rd blade would lead to better blood trails.

·
Registered
20,862 Posts
Doubtful.Blood trails are a function of blade sharpness and where the deer is hit.Most importantly where the exit wound is,if there is one.I shoot a small fixed head and I've watched all but one of the last 50+ deer drop within 50 yards.This huge mechanical craze is all about marketing and incorrect perceptions.

·
Banned
1,455 Posts
I have only shot 1 mechanical and it opened after the shot and flew wild. Luckily I missed the deer. I also will only shoot a fixed blade. Just my own opinion.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Hmm...."gum-bands" & broadheads......sound's like an accident waiting to happen. I stick with fixed-blades......to each their own.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts