The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....or finish the inning. Plus a few more rule changes for this year.
I think this rule was put into play just for Managers like Gabe Kapler, heck he had all the lefties and righties warming up the whole game.
Anyway, I like this new rule, what do you think??

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-rule-changes-for-2020-season

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
More rules to increase offense. I tend to like the rule to face at least 3 batters but I don't think the pitcher should be announced into the game until the first batter steps into the batters box and a pitch is thrown. Why should the offensive team get to adjust. If not than all pinch hitters have to play the field next inning. No exceptions. If you bat for the guy you have to play his position on the field at least 1 full inning. Waugh!

·
Registered
39,294 Posts
CHALLENGE TIME:
Managers now only have 20 seconds to decide to challenge a play instead of 30.

That shortens the amount of time they have to get information about video replays, which might allow them to figure out if they'd win a challenge before they actually challenge the play. Of the changes that were announced on Wednesday, this is the only one that hadn’t previously been reported publicly.
This one is a real laugher. The manager will have 20 seconds to decide if he wants to challenge but it could take game officials over five minutes to figure out if he wins or loses the challenge. Maybe the officials should get 20 seconds to make the call.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
This one is a real laugher. The manager will have 20 seconds to decide if he wants to challenge but it could take game officials over five minutes to figure out if he wins or loses the challenge. Maybe the officials should get 20 seconds to make the call.

I'm sure the Astros, among others, will have that covered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts