The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a buck this am in potter where there are no deer. 39 inch chest, no brows. Double lung at 20 yards pics tomorrow

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
<span style='font-size: 20pt'>WAY TO GO GAL !!!!!!!!!!</span>

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
You must be kidding, there are no deer left in God's Country.....

Good deal Gal!!

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Don't let her fool yinz, it probably was McKean Co. deer that wondered over into Potter Co.

Congrats!!

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Uploads taking forever with the iphone to photobucket.

178 live weight, 149 dressed.

16" spread. 3.5 years old.

Story-

Found a nice spot to sit since I tore my rotator cuff and am nervous about climbing and put a broken stand there as a seat. The plan was to be there in the morning and elsewhere in the afternoon.

What is nice about the spot is its on the side of a bowl- and lots of cover to my left and right.

I saw him come out to my left and picked up the crossbow. Every time he was in a clearing, his right foot was back. He went behind a tree about 18 yards directly in front of me, and he stepped out, with the right leg forward!

I heard the nice clean pass through shot; and he turned to look at his side as if "What just hit me?" He looked up hill, saw me, and bolted; if you can call it that.

It was more like the slow lope or canter of a horse when its just having fun relaxing. It went up hill, over a log, around the bowl and came back toward me about 50 yards directly across from where I shot it.

It was a double lung shot, so I'm really surprised he went that far. He fell right behind a beautiful moss covered tree on an old logging road.

I'll post more pics when I get better service- most likely tomorrow. 2 bars doesn't work so well.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Antlerless tonight- if'n I get lucky! Then bear with the crossbow.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts