The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we just got home from our annual 2nd week of deer camp trip. A small crew of us headed up to begin doing some pushes on Wednesday. As I tug out in archery I was in for a long week of being the dog but wouldn't have it any other way. Wednesday ended with seeing lots of doe, small bucks, and LOTS of bear, despite not being able to see any the entire week of bear season. Thursday started with a bang as my good friend dropped an old thick horned 9 point first drive, with many other bucks slipping through. Friday morning also started with a bang, but this time a miss.

Saturday morning, the last day of the season, was one I won't forget. First push of the morning I heard a rifle crack and heard my good friend had hit one hard, he was so excited he could barely talk on the radio. We recovered the deer at the end of the drive and it was a beauty of a ten point, his first buck ever after years of trying. I don't think he stopped smiling yet. Chasing These big woods bucks will always be one of my favorites, and every year I am thankful to spend this time of year at camp with family and friends!

·
Super Moderator
4,596 Posts
That is what it's all about.Fine job by a group of friends.Nice bucks tell them congrats.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Too many of us, myself included, tend to believe that most of the good bucks die on opening day, until guys like you prove us wrong!! Really nice job!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Guys! We hunted four days straight on state forest without seeing a single hunter in the woods. I dont think these deer knew it was deer season. it was crazy!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Great job Beak. Your right there were hardly any hunters the first 2 days of rifle i had to leave in the afternoon of the second day. I did manage a DMAP deer and couldnt get an ethical shot at a buck running through the brush. I did alot of walking in the afternoon of the first day on State forest land and did not see a soul. I love your setup inside your cabin. My grandfather was fixing i think your heater or hot water heater the second day. Again great job on some great deer. Nothing like those mountain deer.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone. Thanks PC, it's definitely my favorite place to be. Yes Ron installed two baseboard heaters for us cause our pipes keep freezing in basement, if you didn't see all the holes we opened in the ceiling lol.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts