The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At work i have to plan my vacation extremely early. I took the week of sept 9th to go out to wy and rifle antelope hunt in unit 95. What i didnt relize is that the draw takes alot of preference points. So now im stuck with this week and i cant switch dates. Im looking for any ideas on where to hunt during that week. Im open to any specie or possibly any state in the lower 48. Im not looking for anybodys honey holes, just seasons that are a possibility for me. I prefer to hunt on my own and without a guide if possible. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I recommend goin to the sports and outdoor show in Harrrisburg in February. Im sure you can find something there.

·
Super Moderator
26,927 Posts
Most of the Western states archery seasons for deer, elk, and other critters open in early September.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Real quick off the top of my head - for Colorado: muzzleloader season for deer/elk (west of I-25) should fall around that time. Of course, the Colorado archery season is also in and should be around the halfway point (if you're an archer).

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
If you don't mind going a little further. Newfoundland is a great hunt moose, caribou, and bear! One of the best trips I ever did! Lower 48 how about a South Taxas auodad hunt!

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Buy a leftover tag in wy. for antelope and get out there.Just becuase you can't draw unit 95 is no reason to give it up.There are tons and I mean tons of antelope in wy. and every unit is good.I can help you out if you want.I got 2 leftover tags and filled them both with bucks in Wy.You might as well try and draw the elk tag too but odds are 25% without a point.I sent guys from this site out to y spot this year and they all tagged antelope bucks.Send me a pm and I'll hook you up.antelope with a rifle is really a 1-2 day hunt so look into and elk tag in either Co. or try wy.;archery of course

1 - 11 of 11 Posts