The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving home from work Friday afternoon around 4:00 I saw a deer feeding ona hillside at one of my spots.( everyone's spot this area gets pounded). As I go by I see it looks like a good buck. So I go get my stuff I live 5 minutes away and head back over . I park across the road and glass the hill side and can't see him .he was out in the open 10 minutes ago where did he go .? So I drive down the road a 1/4 mile. And head up the hill he's on I start towards where he was still no deer. Walk a little more glass with the swarovskis no deer .get to last place with cover on my ledge glass some more no deer. Wind is good so I climb to next level and get into cover scootch a few yds on my butt and glass no deer? 100 yds of this and finally I see his horns in I n the brush.still 150 yds out and I'm in a thicket . So I crawl 75 ish yds on my belly get to a frozen ant hill . Now he is 75 yds in the open and I am still just inside the brush. He is on alert hearing my making noise on my stalk , even with the highway noise he still heard me. So now or never he's facing me head on I have a great rest center on chest squeeze -bang - nothing ????? Bang - nothing???He started feeding again , my window in front of me wasn't as big as I thought. So when he looked up again I centered on his neck which was higher in my window bang -dropped out of scope . On way over I saw a sapling just destroyed from my 12 gauge slugs they never got to him and the highway noise must have muffled the shots. Big bucks don't make many mistakes but this one did. ......... GC ARCHER WILL BE POSTING PICS SOON.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts