The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this is addressed somewhere but I cannot seem to find it. Can an individual apply for two tags during the 2nd round. Specifically, I would like to apply for two separate WMUs. Can I simply mail two separate envelopes with the WMUs I would like or do i need to wait till the 3rd round if there is any available.

·
Registered
18,619 Posts
If you applied for a tag during the first round and were awarded one, the only way you could apply for two during the second round would be if one is for a SRA. If you did not apply for a tag in the first round you could apply for two in the second to any WMU.

·
Registered
450 Posts
This is a separate question. How can one hunter apply for two doe licenses in an application for a SRA? Mark the outside for two and double the amount on the check? Do you need to put two applications in the envelope?

·
Registered
18,619 Posts
This is a separate question. How can one hunter apply for two doe licenses in an application for a SRA? Mark the outside for two and double the amount on the check? Do you need to put two applications in the envelope?
If one hunter is applying for two licenses in the same WMU, I would think that one check covering both applications in one envelope would be fine, provided that the WMU is not close to selling out.

I know that it does say that separate checks should be written if applying to two different WMUs. I paper clip each check to each application and put them in one envelope. That is what I do since I apply for a SRA and a non SRA during the second round.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
They recommend separate checks if the applications have different preferences, in case a WMU sells out and one of the apps can't be issued...
That said, I've never had a problem mailing 1 check covering multiple apps, some for different WMUs (as I always get a few 5C tags in addition to the gang's 3C tags)
My typical round 3 (2nd Unsold) envelope has 1 3C app, 2 5C apps and a single check. No issues.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I hedge my bets by getting a 5C and 5D tag sent in one envelope and another set of the same tags in another envelope. That way if one set is late or dont show(has happened) I have tags. Usually get 2 doe and any more I get I donate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts