The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my recall letter for the frame inspection. Has anyone had their frame coated by the dealer or replaced as a result of the recall.

·
Super Moderator
24,066 Posts
I had my 2004 Tacoma frame coated a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
I got a letter from Toyota last June,on my 05 Tundra, still waiting for the dealer to call and schedule the appointment. Called last week, they thought sometime next month.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Got 2 things that need checked for recalls. Screws in seatbelts. The frame. Need to make an appt.

·
Registered
957 Posts
The spray recall needs to be completed by spring 2016. I'm waiting till fall 2015. Also waiting for the information on the leaf springs?

·
Registered
591 Posts
My 04 Tundra is currently getting a new frame. Was told it would take 3 to 4 months. Wow! Toyota provided me with a 2015 tundra from Enterprise rental. Was told 5k for a new frame, probably 3 or 4k for the rental and I would think a Couple k in labor, all paid for by Toyota. They might have been better off just paying me the value of my truck.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I had the frame replaced on my '04 Tacoma maybe 4 years ago give or take. The frame they used to replace the old one is holding up very well. With the frame replacement I got new leaf springs, brake lines from the master cylinder back, and new lower control arms. You're better off if it fails the inspection rather than getting the spray. I think the whole job was around the $11,000 mark.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Update: I was called today and told my truck would soon be done, ahead of schedule I might add. The problem is the dealer said they were unable to free both lower control arms and would have to order new ones and install them. I would have to pay for the new ones but, labor would be free.
I tell them that Toyota should pay for them, they say that they are not covered. I called "customer service" and Toyota corporate office and spoke to individuals that both said the parts are out of warranty. I explain to them that these parts would not need to be replaced if they would not have manufactured a defective product that they happen to be attached to, still they will not pay for the replacement parts. The control arms are $500 plus. Whose to say the control arms would not have lasted another 11 years and 129 k miles.

This was a good reliable truck up to this point. I assured the fellow from corporate that I will never buy another Toyota product as long as I live and he didn't seem to care. Am I being unreasonable?

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
Of course not.I would think any manfacture would cover that because like you said it was related to the initial problem.I,m glad to hear the success stories on the ones who were takin care of.But seriously,why would any of you all buy these trucks with the history of these frames and other issues.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Wow, I would keep calling and calling. That's [censored]. I called about an engine oil leak and requested an extend warranty and with a little twisting I got it. Now I had the problem with only 24,500 miles on the truck and now only have 32,000. But plan on keeping it for a long time. I bought the Toyota for it's reliability. I hope it works out.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts