The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

2D Longbow Buck

4K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  Acorn20 
#1 ·
When I made way to my treestand on the morning of October 27th, I had plans to self film my hunt. A half hour before daybreak, I had my camera arm and video gear set up and was ready. By 9:45 I hadn't seen a deer and was growing impatient. This being a new property to me, I decided to take a walk and see if I was missing something. I put the camera equipment in my pack and removed my headnet and gloves, including my shooting glove. I turned around and here he comes. I had just enough time to get my bow and prepare for a shot. Bare fingers and all, I came to full draw as he cleared the final shooting lane, some 10 yards away. My 2216 easton legacy shaft, tipped with a Zwickey No Mercy Broadhead, sliced into the deer slightly behind his left shoulder and buried in the opposite shoulder. The deer tore off on a dead run followed by a loud crash some 50 yards distant. Five minutes, I thought, if I'd waited just five more minutes, I would've captured the shot on video. Maybe next time. After more than 25 deer with a recurve I finally had a buck with my longbow. My hunt took place in Butler Co.

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.