The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
395 Posts
I read it too. And I can't find it. But.....I would wear at least a FO hat. I was bow hunting on Tuesday behind my house (2B) and wore a FO hat and vest. Yeah.....FO vs getting shot? FO wins hands down.

Dave

· Registered
395 Posts
But you know Dude......I hunt (and will be hunting) in parts of 2B in the next week or so, with a 44 magnum handgun, and my 45-70 Marlin.

Now, I'm well aware of my targets and the background before I shoot, as there are places where you just don't take the shot because 600 or 700 yards away there is a house. The 44 mag. and the 45-70 are not long range guns.....but ANY bullet with the right trajectory can travel that long and will have sufficient energy to kill or severely injure a person.

However, the point of my rambling is, when the time and place comes where I do take the shot.....I sure do like to know if 200 or 300 yards....or even longer...if there is a hunter back there. And if he's not wearing FO, and all in camo....I sure as heck have much less of a chance of picking him\her out.

Hey.....even if they are trespassers I don't want to whack 'em with a 405gr. lead bullet from my Marlin. I'd rather just ask 'em to leave.

Any way....if your in "highpower land" wear your FO. No deer is worth it.

Dave

· Registered
395 Posts
I'm just sayin......if your gonna be in 2B Westmorland County.....I'm gonna be out there with my 45-70. So....if your in your Cammo and well hidden at 300 yards....and my bullet goes through the doe, and hits you.....Well....Don't have your widow come yappin to me about how I shouldn't have taken the shot.

I'm just sayin......

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.