The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot one at 4:30 with the inline she dropped in her tracks. I must of hit a sapling on the way in the bullet went in the neck. I was aiming behind the shoulder either way deer down. I noticed after butchering her the bullet just severed the trachea never penetrated any muscle died from lack of air and shockwave. There was some bleeding so may have ruptured a vessel. There was another one with her smaller and looking around. She did not have much in her stomach and not alot of fat. I think she was lacking in the food department. I believe the early frigid temps and snow are taking its toll.

· Registered
1,058 Posts
congrats on connecting. what area of 2b? Most of the herd in the north hills/wexford areas are pretty well fed with a decent fat layer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.