The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone hunt Cedar Creek Park off of route 51 near interstate 70? It's slugs and muzzys only for deer. I was wondering if it's worth the time for a late season go.
Thanks

·
4,288 Posts
That is only 2 minutes from my house, hunted that area a few times and had no luck. There are deer there but there is also a lot of area for the deer to roam.

·
Registered
99 Posts
A buddy of mine, went to Cedar Creek to do a little hunting after reading this post and hopefully fill a doe tag yesterday The problem is that the park gate was closed 1/2-12. So no hunting could be done. can anyboady relate to this. or know why it would be locked besides it being a Holiday weekend??? !

·
4,288 Posts
The park itself has different hours all year. The gates are always closed at 9:00 PM or so and back open at dawn.

I think if they were to go to the other entrance they would be able to park and go in along the back side......I think.

·
Registered
654 Posts
not all areas of the park are opened for hunting.I run on the river trail through the park pretty regularly,lots of no hunting signs.

·
4,288 Posts
If I recall along the trail area (within tha actual park area) and in the "park" part (i.e. ball fields and pavilions) are marked no hunting but most of the other property is ok.

·
4,288 Posts
Well probably not in areas where people generally are. I am sure if you look at the Westmoreland County Parks web site it will provide you all the information you need!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts