The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sometimes pick up a few of the Carbon Express arrows that Wal-Mart sells, but this year they don't the 29" Wolverine arrows, now that just have Plain-Jane 29" with blazer vanes, but with no poundage listed... Has anyone got any of these arrows to shoot?? Are they safe to shoot at 60lbs?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I buy them for a stock pile of inexpensive arrows to play around with.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Re: 29" Walmart Arrows

I use them, from WalMart. Cheap is good. But I used acetone to clean off bar code sticker glue and ended up wiping the labeling off. Not sure what I got last year or this year now, but did find they are not identical as I thought they were in the store. I support my local shop as I can, but also support my local Wally employees too.

I have decided this is the last time I use aluminum arrows though. Durability [censored] and carbon should last longer and be worth the upgrade in the long run.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Not sure if you know this or not, but go to your local shop and ask if you can get some "junk" arrows. They will either give them to you or charge around $.50 per arrow. Almost all shops do this from donated arrows.

P.S. donate your arrows to the shop if you're not using them anymore so a kid who can't afford them can use them.

·
Registered
351 Posts
thats good advice spur. i didnt know they did that i will find somewhere and donate my old arrows. as you said i would rather help a kid trying to get into archery then to have my arrows just sit and collect dust.

·
Registered
235 Posts
i have a few the shoot good out ouf my setup at 30" draw and 61#s i have the blackhawk vapors for deer though but them walmart specials are great for small game hunting cuz their only 3 bucks a peice but i get the 31"s for that overall they shoot great for the price

1 - 7 of 7 Posts