The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Love it. I got one over the summer and it by far my favorite rifle. It's a Remington 700 Mountain rifle wood stock. I have a bushnell elite 3200 on it and it shoots sub moa at 100 yards with factory federal 150 grain nosler partitions. Dropped and doe dead in her tracks this year. Good luck with the purchase I think you'll be happy.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you... Just want to put feelers out, and see if its worth it to be in my cabinet.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have one in a Remington 700 mountain rifle too and it's my go-to rifle since the mid80's. I've killed many deer and groundhogs with it loading it with 120's for light critters and 140's for deer. Mine likes handloads using the Sierra spitzer 140's with 4350 powder. Performance is hard to beat.

Buy it.

Mark

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
The 280 will do just about as well as the 7 mag. Mine will almost shoot 3 shot one hole with 160 nosler partitions. It will never get sold!

·
Registered
673 Posts
I also have one in a 700 mountain rifle. Great rifle and caliber. I'm shooting 140 grain ballistic tips and it has performed great for me on deer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts